restore screen resolution?

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Fri Nov 20 02:41:50 CET 2009

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:32:24 -0800
Randy Dunlap <rdunlap at xenotime.net> wrote:

> > For reference, using xfconf-query would have been the better solution,
> > but the result would be the same.
>
> But I can't do that in text mode, before X is running, can I?

Actually it _is_ a commandline tool. I didn't know about it. On
the other hand, I'm not sure if it's easier. I got to

xfconf-query -c displays -p /Default/Screen_0/Resolution

which returns 1440x900, but couldn't make from the help how to set a new
value (there is no man-page). Maybe just adding it to the line (didn't
want to test that).

But I had more work finding out how to do the above, than to do a search
for 1440 in the .config dir. A slightly more interactive command would be
welcome.

John