Volume control?

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Fri Nov 13 20:37:38 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 11:36 AM, David Mohr <david at mcbf.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks. Building it now.
>>>
>>> Back later.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mark
>>>

>> OK, that works fine as an app. I'm having some trouble adding it to
>> the panel though. It shows up in the list of items I can add, and it
>> seems it to act like it's being added, but I don't see an icon
>> anywhere on the panel.
>
> For what it's worth, I'm seeing the same issue on Gentoo. I haven't
> debugged it, because I only added the mixer to instruct someone on how
> to use it. So it might be related to the packaging. You can either
> file a bug with Gentoo, or try to debug it by i.e. looking at stderr
> from your X session.

I was just playing with this a bit: I removed the mixer applet (a
small button will highlight if you hover the mouse over it, that was
the only way for me to find out where the applet is), and added it
again. Now the icon shows up like it is supposed to.

I did update my system since then, so my guess is that maybe the icon
cache needed updating? Try running gtk-update-icon-cache as root.

~David