suspend error (all of a sudden)

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Thu Nov 12 08:41:28 CET 2009

Run the following.

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.Hal
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.GetProperty string:'power_management.can_suspend'

see if your system is able to suspend, if true try:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.Hal
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.Suspend int32:0

Post what you see here.
Cheers,
Ali.