xfdesktop woes

Hinko Kocevar hinko.kocevar at i-tech.si
Mon Nov 9 11:00:07 CET 2009

samuel wrote:
> http://wiki.xfce.org/faq#development

My post was not meant to be disrespectful in any way.

I'm using Xfce from version 4.2 and like it very much. I merely tried to
point out, that in the past version(s) the problems I listed were not
present. I was not expecting that the developer in charge would start
debugging and solving the cases immediately - I was trying to get other
users feedback, if anyone else was experiencing the similar problem with
the same version. Maybe I needed to set some new settings, use different
approach, etc..

I'm also aware that OSS development takes time as most of the developers
are not paid for their work. And again I was not asking anyone to do
anything, I just pointed out few issues I was having with the certain
Xfce release.

In fact I was not even trying to get any special attention from any
developers as this is general (user?) discussion list, right? And yes
I'm aware that Xfce developers probably do read this mailing list too.

OTOH, looking at my post again, it's true I forgot to say in the end:

Has anyone experienced something similar?

And:

Thank you!

Anyways, I apologize if I offended anyone.

Best regards,
Hinko

> Last question.

Hinko Kocevar
Technical support software engineer
Instrumentation Technologies
Velika pot 22, SI-5250 Solkan - Slovenia
T:+386 5 3352600, F:+386 5 3352601
mailto: hinko.kocevar at i-tech.si

http://www.i-tech.si - When your users demand stability

The information transmitted is intended solely for the addressee and may
contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, retention,
disclosure or other use by persons other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please notify the sender and
delete all copies.