configure desktop icons

francis keyes fkeymo at gmail.com
Wed May 20 01:15:08 CEST 2009

Hey All,

I have Fedora 10 with xfce installed on a diskless machine that boots from a
compact flash card.  For some reason I get filesystem icons on my desktop
for /, /boot, and Filesystem.  How can I remove these permanently from my
desktop and the desktops of any other users that I may create?
I am not able to delete them from my desktop.  I found the file
./.config/xfce4/desktop/icons.screen0.rc
that contains references for all the icons on my desktop.  I tired deleting
things from this list but they reappaer when I log back in.

Thanks a lot,
Francis