Prevent Xfce from darwing desktop background

andreas at an3as.eu andreas at an3as.eu
Wed May 13 15:37:34 CEST 2009

Hi again,

I've got a hint which is waiting for approval (thanks to Jarno Suni)
so I just quote myself to stay in the thread:  I now switched of the
unwanted icons and I even tried to make xfce background "transparent"
to enable xplanet rendering my backgound.  The result is in fact that
xfce is not rendering the background any more but it just opens the
view to what seems "random memory area on video memory".  I just see
random stripes, sometimes shrinked and duplicated parts of previosely
seen PFDs whatever might reside in invalid areas of memory.  Had
anybody success in letting a third party program rendering the desktop
background?

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--