Prevent Xfce from darwing desktop background

andreas at an3as.eu andreas at an3as.eu
Mon May 11 13:01:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

I just upgraded my Debian testing boxes with the latest xfce packages which
basicall means undergoing a change from xfce 4.4 to 4.6.  According to old
settings xfce was not supposed to maintain my desktop background (I just
prefer an epty screen without icons and let draw xplanet a nice background).
Unfortunately I'm missing this option from the configuration tool of
xfce 4.6 and I had to undergo a reconfiguration step because some key
settings (to switch workspaces) were changed to the default setting after
each restart of xfce (and yes, I told cfce to save my current settings
but keys did not worked as expected anyway - the just do if I remove my
old config at all, but now I see no chance to set the background).

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de