Names in source files (Was: Is Xfce copyrighted or free software)

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Fri Mar 20 13:21:40 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Jarno Suni <j_suni at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Sorry, I was wrong in the beginning in that GNU General Public License
> would contradict copyright notice. But the issue is not the same as in
> the initial message, although the solution might be.

After all this time... you still don't understand that there is no
problem that requires a solution in the first place.

Forget it, thousands of applications have been written and released
under the GPL. Hundreds of lawyers have looked at the GPL, including
the nazgul of IBM. I think we can conclude that there is no problem,
so it does not need fixing. If anything is unclear, go to the FSF and
stop bothering us with it.

-
Stephan