Names in source files (Was: Is Xfce copyrighted or free software)

Jarno Suni j_suni at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 12:06:13 CET 2009

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 20:42:53 -0600
David Mohr <squisher at xfce.org> wrote:

> Do you have any code to contribute to Xfce? If so, where is it, I
> would like to have a look.

That is off-topic. Anyway, thank for your interest. I have not
contributed C code to Xfce, at least yet. I have some work experience
as C/C++ programmer, but from different platform and the code is
proprietary. However, I have done some shell scripts that might be
beneficial specifically to some Xfce users. I might publish some in this
list later, if you are nice ;)

> If not, then may I quote Brian again:
> >> Thread is closed.
> Which, btw, is not an invitation to just continue the same issue with
> a different subject line.

Sorry, I was wrong in the beginning in that GNU General Public License
would contradict copyright notice. But the issue is not the same as in
the initial message, although the solution might be.

--
Jarno Suni - http://iki.fi/8/
Ole hyvä ja käytä XHTML-yhteensopivaa WWW-selainta.