Keyboard settings

Thiago A. thiagoaraujos at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 00:29:43 CET 2009

Greetings to all,

I'm having problems with my keyboard in XFCE v.4.6... any setting I use
in the keyboard settings (control panel) doesn't work or has any effect
at all (as if it was always with us layout). If I use 'system defaults',
it doesn't work too, even though it works in other desktop environments.
I use a Brazilian ABNT2 model and br layout, but no candy for me.

xfce4-keyboard-settings is running in the background. One interesting
particularity is, if I use the 'configuration test area' in the keyboard
settings, my keys get all scrambled, it gets even worse. I don't know
what to do... I finally found the perfect work environment for me, but
this problem is killing everything. I couldn't find anything substantial
in Google. I'm an arch linux user, with the latest packages. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thiago