Middle-clicking on the Mixer panel item of a non-mute-able track

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Tue Mar 10 03:16:09 CET 2009

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 23:35:35 +0200
Jarno Suni <j_suni at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> This is just for those who are interested in how the sound mixer
> plugin works and how it should work in Xfce 4.6.
>
> The linked video demonstrates the effect of middle-clicking on current
> mixer plugin. Please note that the last middle click has different
> effect; it has something to do with QAMix running there:
> http://www.iki.fi/8/test/xfce-sound-mixer-panel-plugin-unmute-behavior.ogv
>
> I am not aware of any official specification on how middle-clicking
> should work for non-mute-able tracks, but the panel item should not
> show wrong volume level of its track.

Oh, come on! I told you several times today that I'm 100% aware of the
issue. I also told you that its partly fixable within xfce4-mixer, but
not entirely because its also the fault of GStreamer. You and I
even were in the GStreamer IRC channel and people told you that this is
a known issue at their end.

So, please, stop reporting this issue again and again and again and
again and again ... and again. Don't just ignore what I tell you. Don't
try to find the source of the bug if you don't have a clue (and by now
I know that you don't have the slightest idea about anything at all).

I'm a really patient and friendly and helpful guy most of the time. But
since you are repeatedly being a PITA and you just don't get it, I'm
hereby declaring you a poisonous person (watch that Google Talk video
if you want to know what that means) and I'm kindly asking everyone
reading this to ignore you from this day on. To ignore you by not
answering the dozens and dozens of pointless questions and remarks you
have or make.

Now will you please, please, please go away? Thanks.

  - Jannis