keyboard window shortcut problems

Zach Carter z.carter at f5.com
Tue Mar 3 20:12:29 CET 2009

Hi:

I've recently updated to xfce 4.6, and am having trouble bringing over my
keyboard shortcuts from earlier versions.

I went to settings -> Window Manager -> Keyboard, and saw my shortcuts listed
there, but only some of them worked.

In particular:

right_workspace_key=Control+Right <--this one did NOT work
left_workspace_key=Control+Left <--this one did work
up_workspace_key=Control+Up <-- this one did work
down_workspace_key=Control+Down <-- this one did NOT work

The only options available were "Clear", and "Reset to Defaults".  No way to
edit the keys as far as I can tell.  I figured maybe it was some trouble due to
having old settings lying around, so I clicked "Reset to Defaults".  That
worked, but now I'm on the defaults, and can't see a way to change them.

I saw in the document that you need to create a custom key theme, but there is
no way to do that in the gui.

I went into xfce4-settings-editor, and was unable to modify the keys.  I could
click "Edit" in the toolbar while looking at one of the settings, but the
"Name" field does not allow modifications.  The "New" button in the toolbar is
greyed out.

So, I'm kind of stumped.  No matter what I do with my old keythemerc file, the
best I can get is 2 out of 4 shortcuts working.

If I try to use the gui to change things, the best I can get is default
settings.

Am I missing something obvious?  I searched around the wiki, bugzilla, ml
archives.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

thanks,

-Zach