Can't change background

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Tue Mar 3 14:23:39 CET 2009

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 07:43:45 +0100
Anders Lind <sunshinecoast at swipnet.se> wrote:

> > Anders,
> >
> > Make sure you have xfdesktop running; once it is, you should be able
> > to swap desktop images easily...
> >
> > With best regards,
> >
> > Pete
> >

> Thanks Pete, that did the trick...
>
> Cheers
> Anders

You're very welcome. I found that it didn't start right up with Xfce,
so I've included it on my autostart list. The lack of xfdesktop at
start-up may be a function of a ham-handed deletion of the old Xfce...

With best regards,

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"