New user saying hi

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 02:20:54 CEST 2009

Hi all,
   New XFCE user here. Been doing Linux for about 10 years now. Mainly
I'm an audio enthusiast. I am NOT a developer. Started with Redhat in
1998 or 99. Tried Fedora along the way. Landed happily in Gentoo about
7 years ago. Mostly I've been a Gnome user for the last 5-6 years.
Prior to that used fluxbox exclusively but eventually got frustrated
dealing with making menus, but I always liked it's fast feel which I'm
now finding in XFCE. You all have done a great job and I look forward
to getting to know folks around here and landing a hand answering
questions once I learn a little more about the environment.

   Yeah, I've got a few frustrations with XFCE but I'll save those for
later when I make sure it isn't me and make sure I've really RTFM
ahead of time.

Cheers all,
Mark