4.6: new windows now start on bottom

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 23:33:56 CEST 2009

On 2009-06-17, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org> wrote:

> I don't follow the forums, sorry. But nobody else complained on the
> mailing list. xfwm 4.6 has seen releases since one year, so I ~guess~ it
> could have been known before…

Here's another user having the same problem:

http://beesbuzz.biz/blog/e/2009/05/01-ubuntu_904_jaunty_xfce_gripes.php

   So, on both my netbook and my work system I've updated to
   Ubuntu 9.04 as of a few days ago, and I have a few gripes
   about some of the changed packages. Actually, I think all of
   my gripes are about the current version of xfce:

   [...]

    * Why do new windows always pop up underneath existing
      windows? I always end up having to look at my taskbar to
      see if something actually happened as a result of my
      action (like opening the settings manager) and then click
      on it there to make it visible. Apparently the devs have
      a hard time understanding the issue, too.

   [...]

That last sentence has a link to the debian bug I linked to
earlier.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I'm DESPONDENT ... I
                                  at               hope there's something