Losing mouse

Gerard gesbbb at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 17:08:41 CEST 2009

I just installed FreeBSD-7.2 on a new PC. I then proceeded to install
all the prerequisite programs and finally XFCE4.

Specifically:

Xfce 4 Desktop Environment
version 4.6.1 (Xfce 4.6)

The problem is that for no apparent reason and at random times, the
mouse pointer disappears. If I move the invisible mouse around the
screen, icons will respond. However, I cannot physically see the mouse
cursor.

I have tried shutting down Xfce and restarting it to no avail. The only
way I can get the mouse pointer back is to do a reboot of the PC.

I have no idea what to look for so I cannot figure out how to file a
bug report on it.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomena?

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

We're happy little Vegemites,