need to run a shutdown script

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Thu Jul 30 23:58:43 CEST 2009

On 07/29/2009 03:51 PM, toddandmargo at verizon.net wrote:
> okay.  I give up.  I have searched and searched.  I need to run a
> shutdown script to turn off all my virtual machines before xfce 4.4.2
> starts its shutdown sequence.   I will provide the script.  I just need
> the directions as to where to put the script.  How does one configure a
> shutdown script?

We don't provide shutdown hooks.  You can hack up your xinitrc as Chris
G suggested, but that's not guaranteed to work forever.

The "correct" way is for your VM GUI to support session management, and
then when you log out, it will be given a chance to clean up its state[1].

	-brian

[1] Of course, xfce4-session has behaved slightly out-of-spec forever in
this regard; it only gives the app a chance to save its state if you
check the 'save session' option on logout.  I plan to fix this eventually...