Skype "answer incoming call" popup sometimes doesn't work

Mike McNally emmecinque at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 19:32:25 CEST 2009

I've used the Skype Linux client (2.0.72) under fvwm, enlightenment
(e16), and now Xfce.  Since I switched to Xfce, there's an
intermittent problem with the little popup window that Skype shows (or
tries to show) at the bottom right of the screen.  The problem is that
sometimes it doesn't show up at all.  I don't have any Xfce panels
down there.

The irritating thing is that as far as I can tell that's absolutely
the only way to answer an incoming call. In other words, neither the
Skype UI main window nor the Skype panel gadget provide an "answer"
button.

I strongly suspect this is just a problem with the Skype client, but
I'd be grateful if any other Xfce users would share a workaround if
one's been found.

--
Turtle, turtle, on the ground,
Pink and shiny, turn around.