4.6: new windows now start on bottom

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 23:23:06 CEST 2009

On 2009-07-15, Net Llama! <netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Olivier Fourdan<fourdan at gmail.com> wrote:

>> But the window is placed just next to the current window in
>> the focus ring so that just one alt-tab will focus the newly
>> mapped window. You don't even have to use the mouse.
>
> But I don't want the window to be focused all of the time.
> Perhaps i just want to tail some output in that window over
> time (logs, etc).  I want to be able to see the window without
> giving it focus.

Apparently, the concept of a non-focused window being useful
and a desire for it to be visible (and even for it to be on top
of the focused window) seems difficult to understand for many
people.

My theory is that people who can't understand started out using
MS-Windows, and "we" didn't.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Now that I have my
                                  at               "APPLE", I comprehend COST