4.6: new windows now start on bottom

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:23:54 CEST 2009

On 2009-07-15, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2009-07-13, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Here's a patch against 4.6.1 and the associated gentoo ebuild
>>> that restores the previous behavior (the patch makes it so
>>> that new windows start on top of the stack instead of on the
>>> bottom):
>>>
>>> ? ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/xfwm4/xfwm4-4.6.1-new_windows_on_top.patch
>>> ? ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/xfwm4/xfwm4-4.6.1-r1.ebuild
>
> Of course, this is not a technical discussion, the patch is trivial,
> just revert this commit:
>
>   http://svn.xfce.org/index.cgi/xfce/xfwm4/trunk/src/focus.c?r1=28924&r2=29163

Thanks, I should have made it clear: that's what the patch does
is revert that change.  People building from svn need only to
revert the commit mentioned above.

For users of meta-distros like Gentoo which are based on the
official-source-tarball-plus-patches model a patch against a
released soruce tarball is the preferred way to temporarily
"fix" something.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! BARRY ... That was
                                  at               the most HEART-WARMING