4.6: new windows now start on bottom

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Jul 13 21:29:17 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 11:53:26AM -0700, Net Llama! wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Grant
> Edwards<grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can anybody could recommend other window managers that work
> > well with XFCE desktop and panel?
>
> I'll second that request.

Well I have been muttering about returning to FVWM.  :-)

I'm not on either 'side' here but I do feel I'm caught in the
crossfire a bit.

I think there's two views:-

    The user just wants things to be easy to "work the way they always
    used to", (sort of).

    The developers want to go the 'right' (modern, fashionable) way.

OK, I'm biased, I'm a user in the above (so I am a bit on one side).
It does seem to me though that "the way things work" is an argument
used by the developers as if that is the end of the argument.  OK, if
something really isn't possible then it isn't possible but if
something that lots of people want doesn't fit into the current
'philosophy' the it seems to me that it's the philosphy that's wrong.

My pet problem on this front is having to use add-ons like Devils Pie
to get the window placements I want rather than it being built into
the window manager.

--
Chris Green