4.6: new windows now start on bottom

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Mon Jul 13 21:11:31 CEST 2009

On 07/13/2009 11:50 AM, Net Llama! wrote:
>>> Do let me know when you're finished going off on a tirade and
>>> insulting your userbase.
>> I only insult those who poison the mailing lists and community, and waste
>> the valuable time of our contributors.
>
> Thus far today, you're the only one who has poisoned anything, and
> you're choosing to waste your own time attacking multiple users who
> are attempting to provide feedback.

Er, *you're* the one who chose to pick a fight with me over an email
that *wasn't* in response to one of yours.  But feel free to ignore the
mailing list archives and believe otherwise.

But you're certainly correct that this is a complete waste of time.

Whether or not *certain* people are attempting to provide feedback -- at
least useful, constructive feedback -- is certainly debatable.

>> I'll say it again: this discussion will continue to go nowhere if certain
>> participants insist on adopting an attitude of entitlement.  If you don't
>> like how something works, that's fine!  It happens all the time.  But
>> repeatedly asserting "that sucks" and "that's pretty lame" and responding to
>> people with messages laced with sarcasm won't get you what you want (as has
>> occurred several times in this thread).  I can understand that a new
>> behavior that doesn't fit with your workflow can be disconcerting and
>> frustrating to get used to.  And maybe sometimes the change isn't the right
>> way to go.  But insisting that your way is right and demanding changes or
>> new options isn't going to get you what you want.  If you're fine with that
>> and are only here because you want to vent, I'm here to inform you that this
>> is not the place for it.
>
> At no time did I insist my way was right, nor did I demand changes or
> new options.

That was a general statement, not directed at you.

>  And for the record, I've likely been on this list before
> you were even an XFCE developer, so no I'm not here to vent.

Then... shut up?

> To refresh your memory, here's my original contribution to this thread:
> http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce/2009-July/025538.html

So?

> No demands, no attacks, no poison. A simple comment, which went
> ignored by the developers until your attack on me this morning.

Again, I did not respond to any of your emails until your response to me.

> I can also go and point out the other threads in which I've
> contributed recently which have also failed to receive any response
> from anyone.  The evidence indicates that all you seem interested in
> doing is attacking anyone who doesn't agree with you, and ignoring
> everyone else.
>
> Its sad that XFCE has lost interest in its userbase if this is deemed
> acceptable behavior.  I've been using XFCE for over 10 years, but
> clearly no one cares about that.

Wow.  "Clearly" you should check the mailing list history and figure out
exactly who started this little digression between you and me over the
past couple hours.  It certainly isn't me.  (Big hint: my original reply
was to an email from Grant, not from you.  *You* chose to jump in at
that moment.)

But anyway, as you said, this is a complete waste of time.  I won't be
participating in this discussion any longer.

	-brian