4.6: new windows now start on bottom

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Fri Jul 10 11:08:47 CEST 2009

On jeu, 2009-07-09 at 13:32 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> On a side note (please bear with me; I don't use focus-follows-mouse, so
> I'm not familiar with all the various behaviors), xfwm4 does have a
> "raise new windows" option.  Doesn't turning that on/off do what you'd
> expect, even if you're using focus-follows-mouse?  Or does turning that
> on also focus it?

Here, using focus follow mouse on a crowded desktop:

* automatically give focus top newly created window -> xlogo is on top
and focused
* automatically give focus top newly created window unchecked -> xlogo
is on bottom and unfocused.

This is with or without “automatically raise windows when they receive
focus“. I guess this checkbox only matters when the focus is given by a
mouse/keyboard action?

But i don't think there's a “raise new window” option.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis