4.6: new windows now start on bottom

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Thu Jul 9 02:03:47 CEST 2009

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 15:29:09 -0700
"Brian J. Tarricone" <brian at tarricone.org> wrote:

> Calm yourself.  I don't experience the problem you see.  Aside from a
> couple broken apps that don't handle focus stealing prevention
> properly, all my apps start focused, on the top of the stack.  If I
> disable focus stealing prevention, even those broken apps appear on the
> top of the stack, focused.

Just my $.02. Seeing all the fuss about the 4.6 strain of xfce, I had
decided to wait. A couple of days ago, I decided to (finally) change my
system to 64 bits and installed Slackware64 12.2. I didn't realize it had
xfce 4.6.1 in the package, so it got installed 'by accident'.

Large was my surprise that, apart from the missing menu editor, which I
do consider an important negative, everything else works just as before!
No problems at all with focusing, window order, or anything else. I
compiled some of the goodies I had before and that also went without a
hitch. I'm sure I'm not an exception...

John