Disabled XFCE Session Manager, now can't login

Jay Mistry jaylinux53 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:50:16 CET 2009

>> I don't have a ~/.xsession-errors (or even ~/.xsession, though there
>> is ~/.kde4 and ~/.gnome2 - using openSUSE 11.1 & kdm3).  Is there any
>> other place to look in ?
>>
>> Or is ti possible to re-enable the Session Manager by editing a System
>> File (I am quite sure that this is the cause of the problem, as that
>> was the only system change I made before the problem appeared).
>>
> Does anything more sensible happen if you try 'startx' rather than
> 'startxfce4' from the console/terminal?
>
> --

> Chris Green
This time I noted the error messages on a piece of paper, and this is what
was displayed:
*error: Unable to lock /home/(User Name)/.hplip/hp-systray.lock. Is
hp-systray already running ?**
*
*(Repeated thrice in red font)*
*kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children*
*(Repeated thrice - plain font)*
*.*
*.   (some other messages)*
*.*
*Original exception was: hp-systray: cannot connect to X server :0.0*

Also the location of .xsession-errors is /home(User Name)/

(The command syntax mentioned above by David Mohr did not work)

The .xsession-errors file had this (current date & time):
http://nopaste.com/p/atNguteWqb

Thanks,

Jay

--