Disabled XFCE Session Manager, now can't login

Jay Mistry jaylinux53 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 07:20:18 CET 2009

> If you see the splash screen, then the session manager is already enabled.
>  Something's causing it to quit.  You'll want to look at console output.
>  Try logging in directly to a virtual console (not through GDM or some other
> display manager) and running 'startxfce4' from the command line.  That might
> help you figure out what's going wrong.
>
>        -brian

I logged in as a regular user at RL 3 from grub boot menu. After
entering 'startxfce4', the same thing happened as earlier. The XFCE
Splash Screen (with mouse) appeared and there was a display at the
bottom of the same stating what modules were loading. The XFCE desktop
came on very briefly for about a second before crashing, after the HP
SysTRay load message. After this, it went back to console-view and
displayed about 20 lines of Error Message, am not sure where they
would be so unable to post them here. Looked in Yast -> System Log,
but the console error messages were not there.

Jay

--
Registered Linux User # 483705  @ http://counter.li.org/  (openSUSE 11.1, i686)
Smolts Profile: