Disabled XFCE Session Manager, now can't login

Jay Mistry jaylinux53 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 02:20:32 CET 2009

Hi,

I disabled the XFCE Session Manager when I last logged into XFCE, as
it used to prompt for a new session to be named every time I logged
into XFCE.
Now, I cannot login to XFCE. On trying to Login, the splash screen
(with the mouse graphic) appears and then the desktop and panel appear
very briefly (3-4 secs), and replaced by a blank black screen.

What can I do to re-enable 'Session Manager' ? I can boot via a 'Live
CD' and make any necessary changes to system file(s)-but I don't know
which file to alter & how ?

Thanks,

Jay

--