More flexible new window focus setting would be nice

Jarno Suni j_suni at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 09:55:54 CET 2009

--- On Fri, 2/20/09, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com> wrote:

> What you describe by the "GNOME way" is simply
> focus stealing prevention.
[...]
> That was fixed since then and will be part of either RC2 or
> final,
> whatever comes first, and that works most likely like you
> expect.

Ok, I am looking forward to trying it.

BTW, setting automatically give focus to new windows contradicts to the focus follows mouse policy. Focus can not follow both settings in every case. I think new window raise setting would be more appropriate than new window focus setting. If focus follows mouse is not used, focus could be given to new window depending on whether new window is risen or not. Or do window manager tweaks concerning focus affect this? Those focus tweak settings need some mouse hover tip or other describing text in my opinion.

--
Jarno Suni - http://iki.fi/8/
(Please use a XHTML compliant web browser.)