Locking applications to a particular workspace?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Feb 11 17:10:51 CET 2009

Serge Matveenko wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
>
>> I had to restart xfce to make this work.
>>

> there is no need to restart xfce when xfwm4rc file is updated
>
> just run in console:
> $ killall xfwm4 && xfwm4 &

Ok, thank you, I didn't know that but will add it to my notes.

I was thrashing around trying to make it work and finally restarted xfce
and then things began to work pretty much as expected.  It seemed to
require that Firefox be started in another window before clicking on an
address in Thunderbird to insure that it would not start Firefox on top
of Thunderbird.  But that is not usually a problem for me.

Again, Thanks.

Bob