Re menu and more ...

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 13:17:56 CET 2009

Le Mon, 9 Feb 2009 04:05:54 -0800 (PST),
aaparkr at swbell.net a écrit :

> For reference:
> I implemented something called "10 steps to the desktop you always
> wanted" and it is much more usable to me. I also put a link to the
> Xfce menu on the taskbar.
>
> > The Aspire One's desktop uses a separate configuration file in
> > ~/.config/xfce4/desktop/something.xml . I don't have mine handy, but
> > look around and you'll find a definition in there to what
> > "Browser" points to.
>
> I went to /home/user/.config/xfce4/desktop using Midnight commander
> (as root) and that just has  icons.screen0.rc  and xfdesktoprc
> but I still can't locate whatever produces the Xfce menu. This would
> be the menu that pops up when I right click on the desktop.
>
> More confusion -> when I use File Manager to look (as 'user' I
> believe) I see 'group-app.xml' in addition to the 2 files listed
> above, but it just references the old panels. I don't see anything
> about the Xfce menu or Desktop menu. I think File manager is going to
> a different home directory perhaps in addition
> to /home/user/.config/xfce4/desktop/something.xml

You can DnD the icons that are on the desktop.

Maybe when you do so, it will save a local copy, cause it's 100% sure
that it saves a file with the desktop icons (names, executables, etc).
However it might be saved to ~/.local/share/xfce4/desktop/, or even
somewhere else.  It might be either in ~/.config, ~/.local or even
~/.cache.

My 2 cents
Mike