menu and more questions

A Parker aaparkr at swbell.net
Mon Feb 9 01:27:28 CET 2009

I am trying to figure out how to modify what is shown on the Desktop
menu and what it points to. Example, The 'Web Browser' selection still
points to Firefox 2.0 which was originally installed on th
is machine (Aspire 1). I can get to the latest version if I go to
Network > Browser though.
It seems that every time I start looking for a solution, I get bogged
down in Desktop editor information - even on the wiki pages.
There is something in the Settings hyper link, but I can't make the
connection.
Something completely different: I have sent in questions, but never seen
them in the digest that comes to me in e-mail. I don't know if they are
being answered and I am somehow missing them, or if I am not sending
them to the right place.

Having said all that, I have to say I am delighted with the way Xfce3
works on this device. The speed and features are great and there seems
to be a lot of people figuring out ways to make this machine even more
friendly and useful.

Thanks,

Anthony Parker