scriptable desktop UI, is it possible?

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 18:53:25 CET 2009

Le Sat, 7 Feb 2009 09:01:45 -0800,
Xiong Jiang <linuster at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Do I need to restart xfce and lose my open applications after untar a
> different config in ~/.config/xfce4?

Please bottom post (at least don't mix up).  Yeah, when you want to
restore a backup you have to do it while the program isn't running.
There are only few apps that support modifying the configuration file
while the program is running.

You could run, for instance for xfce4-panel, the following commands:
1- xfce4-panel --exit
2- restore the backup
3- xfce4-panel &

Mike