XFwm4 shade + notification area

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 14:52:21 CET 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 7:23 AM, J. Anthony Limon <j at flippo.net> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is a "bug" technically or a disagreement in spec
> implementation but it's extremely annoying how odd things get when you shade
> something and then try to send it back to the notification area.
>
> IMHO it should immediately get minimized to the notification area and when
> you un-minimize it, it should be un-shaded also.

Sorry I do not understand your description of the problem.

Iconification and shading are different things, while notification
area is yet a totally different topic which has nothing to do with the
window manager itself (although, admitedly, I am not even sure what
you call notification area actually).

Could you please clarify?

Cheers,
Olivier.