Grouping windows

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 20:24:24 CET 2009

Dear All,

I would like to hear your opinion about the following feature request.

Computer screens are becoming larger and larger. This fact opens up
new possibilities concerning the way one uses computers. For example,
one can be writing a document while looking at several relevant and
connected documents to the material one is writing. However, XFCE (and
no other competitor, I guess) has the possibility of grouping
different windows to give to user the chance of putting all groped
open windows to the forefront at once when necessary; one has bring to
the forefront each window one at time. To have the option of grouping
open windows in the described sense would be very useful, in my
opinion. And you, do you agree with this enhancement?

Paul