xterm vt100 mode font escape sequence ignored

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 19:40:01 CEST 2009

2009/8/28  <alexb at interline.com>:
> I guess I didn't make it clear that the application automatically expands and contracts depending on what the end user is looking at (screen or report). Most of our end users wouldn't be able to handle doing this manually nor want to.
>
> I've tried using gnome-terminal and xfce Terminal and they don't work either. I'm using /usr/bin/xterm.

I tried with Konsole and it doesn't work either. It is something that
works with xterm-like terminals only, I guess aterm/urxvt/eterm...
Note that xfterm4 is just a dummy shell script.

> Something to note is that if I bring up a desktop in Gnome or KDE on the same system that also has Xfce installed, the escape sequence for font change does not work on those desktops. I wondering if the Xfce install changes some configuration that causes xterm to ignore that escape sequence. I'll keep looking.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions. If you have any others, I'd appreciate it.

Frankly not, but you can run xterm from a terminal and catch for
potential warning/errors. Note that Xfce is only a bunch of binaries,
it doesn't touch the Xorg configuration. It has a daemon to set some
Xsettings, but this only when xfce-mcs-manager (Xfce 4.4 and prior) or
xfsettingsd (Xfce >=4.6) is running.

Mike