Basic features of XFCE

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Thu Aug 13 20:20:56 CEST 2009

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:10:25 +0200
Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Danishka,
>
> 2009/8/13 Danishka Navin <danishka at gmail.com>:
> > Hi Mile,
> >
> > Thanks for your quick reply.
> >
> > I am working on  Fedora based sipn.
>
> You are working on this
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Xfce/XfceLive I hope? The first
> bug in TO DO is fixed with xfce 4.6, that's from a quick look over the
> page.

That page is sadly out of date. ;)

Someone is going to clean it up in the next few days and either get it
up to date, or just archive it. Thanks for pointing it out.

> It's the default window manager. Looking at the Fedora wiki page, it
> is said that they prefer to turn the compositor off, which is stupid
> IMO.

That page is from F8, which was years ago right after the compositor
landed in xfwm.

If anyone has any suggestions for the Fedora Xfce spin, feel free to
email me, our spins list or just note them here and we will pick them
up. ;)

kevin