Why grayed out icons in the Task List?

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 15:58:11 CEST 2009

2009/8/12 Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com>:
> That's two different things. The taskbar comes with the panel (and is
> handled by libwnck), the alt-tab is from the window manager.

The new version of the tasklist will use the libwnck code, but I'm not
using the WnckTasklist anymore, it comes with too many (small)
problems and the new code allows migrating the iconbox.

> The rationale behind this is that I usually tend to iconify windows
> that I use less often, so it helps me to identify when cycling between
> windows which one are still visible and therefor more likely to be of
> interest. I have no plan nor desire to make that optional.

I'll use a hidden gtkrc setting for this, new plugins use this more
often for special purpose settings, so user can tweak a bit.

Nick