Window manager question - Disable move drag

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Mon Aug 10 18:53:41 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Raghavendra Prabhu<rrprabhu at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running the Window Manager xfwm4 in XFCE.
> How do you disable move in the Window manager. I want to have an application
> window launched that it cannot be moved.
> I know that if the window manager is not started, the application cannot be
> moved
> But i want the window manager to be run and the drag window (move window)
> option to be removed.
> Is this possible and how do i do this?
> Anything in this regard would be very helpful. Thanks to everyone
> Prabhu

Not a very common situation, I believe. A workaround might be to start
the application in full screen mode, and disable the key to get out of
full screen mode, as well as the ALT-click move with the mouse. One
would also need to lock down the settings for this to really work. I'm
not entirely sure that's all possible right now.

~David