Midori 0.1.9 hangs up when user tries to start a second instance

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Sun Aug 9 11:19:06 CEST 2009

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 08:55:31 +0300, Angel wrote:

Hi,

>Midori 0.1.9 hangs up when I try to start a second instance by doing
>any of the following:
>
>* press Ctrl-N;
>* click File -> New Window;
>* execute "midori" in a terminal window.

Easily reproducable.

>I did not have this problem with version 0.1.7.  Then I upgraded to
>0.1.9 by installing "over" 0.1.7.  Could this be the problem?  If not,

Unlikely.

>how can I diagnose the problem?

E.g. run Midori in gdb, trigger the "hang" and then interrupt the
execution with Ctrl-C and type "bt" in gdb.

I just did this and got the attached backtrace.
It seems the midori_browser_settings_notify() handler gets called even
if it is blocked.
Christian, any ideas?

Regards,
Enrico