Fixed width xfce4-panel

Aphyr aphyr at aphyr.com
Sat Apr 25 04:54:13 CEST 2009

Hello,

I used to be able to set a fixed width for the task list in xfce4-panel,
which kept the panel size reasonably stable. Then I upgraded to 4.6.0,
and I can set a minimum, but not a maximum, width. Is there any way to
get my fixed-width panels back?

Rationale: I run OpenBox, and need some area of the desktop visible for
workspace warping and getting the right-click menu. I typically use a
fixed-width centered bottom panel with some area left open at both
sides. Without fixed-width panels, I lose that space if there are many
(6) windows onscreen--and the panel changes width every time I switch
workspaces.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks,

--Aphyr