LN server SMB

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Fri Apr 24 14:03:21 CEST 2009

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:18:30 +0200, Alan wrote:

>2009/4/24 Thiago Avelino <thiagoavelinoster at gmail.com>:
>> Good morning,
>>
>> How do I create a link to a server SMB (SAMBA) in Xfce?
>
> [snip wrongly quoted stuff]
>
>Try with Nautilus or some other file manager or try this:
>http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=304131

Using Nautilus for this is a bit heavy assuming Nautilus is not
installed before which is pretty unlikely on Xfce systems :).

I'd say the easiest way is using GVfs together with gvfs-fuse.

gvfs-mount smb://hostname/share

should mount the Samba share and if gvfs-fuse is installed and
correctly set up, /home/user/.gvfs/ should contain a directory with the
Samba share.

If you like doing it with a GUI, try Gigolo. Some more information
about using all this with Thunar and Fuse can be found on
http://uvena.de/gigolo/help.html.

Regards,
Enrico