xfce4-cpu-freq fails to set governors

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 21:42:17 CEST 2009

Dear all,
I seem unable to make xfce4-cpu-freq set the governors and frequencies
on my computer. I suspect an insufficient permissions issue, but I am
not so sure.
The necessary kernel modules are built and loaded and
xfce4-power-manager works quite fine in changing the governors. I can
also do this from cli by issuing as root, say, cpufreq-set -u 1.4GHz.
The same command as user fails with the probable reason: "- Do you
have proper administration rights? (super-user?)".
However, xfce4-cpu-freq seems unable to change any of the values. To
test for possible incompatibilities, I tried to run it with
Xfce4-power-manager not running, but it still fails. Would there be
other things to look for to make the plugin function properly?

Thanks,
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?