drag'n'select desktop icons

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 01:12:11 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Roman Muñoz Roncal
<intxixu at gisa-elkartea.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After some searching, it seems that xfdestop is no able to use dragging
> to select desktop icons, so pcmanfm should be used... probably
> remplacing Thunar?
>
> I really love thunar, so if there is the possibility to select icons on
> the desktop with a bounding box, please let me know
>
> Is that true that xfdesktop does not offer bounding box?
> Could you give any pointers about setting this pcmanfm thing?
> Would that feature be present anytime soon on xfdesktop?

1. xfdesktop can do this, but in a different way. Select one icon,
press shift and select another. Voila.
2. Thunar doesn't do the desktop icons (yet). xfdesktop itself does them.
3. pcmanfm questions are best redirected to the pcmanfm people...

You may of course file a bug report about lassooing (which it is
usually called), though, if there isn't one already.

// Alexander