drag'n'select desktop icons

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Thu Sep 25 01:11:32 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Roman Muñoz Roncal
<intxixu at gisa-elkartea.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After some searching, it seems that xfdestop is no able to use dragging
> to select desktop icons, so pcmanfm should be used... probably
> remplacing Thunar?
>
> I really love thunar, so if there is the possibility to select icons on
> the desktop with a bounding box, please let me know

Thunar = filemanager,
xfdesktop = desktop manager. They are two separate programs.

> Is that true that xfdesktop does not offer bounding box?

Yes, it's true.

> Could you give any pointers about setting this pcmanfm thing?
> Would that feature be present anytime soon on xfdesktop?

AFAIK this is not a high priority right now. Since managing the files
on the desktop is a lot like file managing, it would be nice to have
Thunar handle it. But since that would require quite some work, I
don't think anyone is planing on doing that right now.

~David