ANN: thunar-volman version 0.3.80 released

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Tue Sep 16 08:18:20 CEST 2008

On mar, 2008-09-16 at 08:08 +0200, Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Hm, indeed, but that is just to make sure people get the exo-eject
> with
> teardown support for LUKS encrypted volumes.

By the way, about that. I think there's a few issues on how it's managed
(but undersantand it's done like this to minimize changes on other
components).

Currently, when I plug a usb token containing some clear partitions and
an encrypted one, thunar-volman asks me if I want to setup the crypto
layer. If I refuse because I don't want to use it now, I won't be able
to redo this later, until I unplug/replug the key.

Similarily, if I setup the crypto layer, mount the encrypted partition,
then eject it, teardowning the crypto layer, I won't be able to remount
it later.

I understand it would requires modifications in thunar (like the first
patches Colin submitted), but from an usability pov I find this better.

Anyway, many thanks for integrating the crypto layer stuff. Even with
the restrictions stated above, it rocks :)
--
Yves-Alexis