Orage and ics import format file

juha kautto.juha at kolumbus.fi
Thu Sep 11 12:58:24 CEST 2008

Javier Barroso kirjoitti:
> Hi,
>
> After I recompile orage debian package adding --enable-dbus on
> debian/rules ( in configure file says this is on by default, but it
> seems to not ):
>
> $ orage -v
> This is orage version 4.5.14.0 for Xfce 4.4.2
>
> 	Released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
> 	Compiled against GTK+-2.12.11, using GTK+-2.12.11.
> 	Using DBUS for import.
> 	Not using libnotify.
> 	Using automatic archving
>
> But now I don't know how is the ics format expected by orage. ( I
> can't found any example in doc or google )
>
> I try with and without VCALENDAR header / footer (only VJOURNAL
> element)  and with a combination with times/dates
>
> My ics file actually is:
>
> $ cat ~/prueba.ics
> BEGIN:VCALENDAR
> VERSION:2.0
> PRODID:-//Xfce//Orage//EN
> BEGIN:VJOURNAL
> CLASS:PUBLIC
> SUMMARY:test
> END:VJOURNAL
> END:VCALENDAR
>
> $ orage -a ~/prueba.ics
> ** (orage:857): WARNING **: add failed foreign file=/home/javi/prueba.ics
>
> What am I doing wrong ?
>
> Could be a ics file provided like a example ?

The problem is not in the file. It works for me:

orage -a test.ics
** Message: Orage **: add done foreign file=test.ics

The real error happens in that other orage, which is already
running. You should see the error from there.

Try this:
1) stop oracle (really stop, not just make it invisible).
2) start 2 terminal: a) and b)
3) start orage in terminal a) and look for the messages.
4) do your foreign file addition in terminal b)
5) now you should see the real error in terminal a)

/Juha