Thunar wish

Ralph Alvy ralph at ralphalvy.com
Tue Sep 9 18:42:59 CEST 2008

Mathias Brodala wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Ralph Alvy, 09.09.2008 17:44:
>> Stavros Giannouris wrote:
>>> Στις 09-09-2008, ημέρα Τρι, και ώρα 08:23 -0700, ο/η Ralph Alvy έγραψε:
>>> You can* do that. Right click on some empty space in the directory you
>>> are viewing.
>>> [*] Hmm. I've just checked. It is possible in list & icon view, but not
>>> in details view.
>>>
>>> -S.
>> I forgot to mention that I use Detail View.
>
> In this case you could just create a custom action for arbitrary files
> calling your preferred Terminal.
>

> Regards, Mathias

Aha! I just created an action called Open Terminal in Current View, and
chose this as my command, not using %f, %d, etc:

exo-open --launch TerminalEmulator

And I checked all boxes in the Appearance Conditions, with * as the
mask. Now that works perfectly in Details View. I can now just Select
any file or folder the current view and load that plugin. Terminal is
then loaded in the current directory, not the selected one.

Thanks!