ANN: midori version 0.0.21 released

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Mon Sep 1 19:36:51 CEST 2008

Am Mon, 1 Sep 2008 06:42:05 +0200
schrieb "Liviu Andronic" <landronimirc at gmail.com>:

> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 10:32 PM, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org>
> wrote:
> >> Might I suggest making this behave similar to the way it works in
> >> Opera: <shift>+enter -- open in new tab
> >> <ctrl>+<shift>+enter -- open in background tab?
> >
> > Now you could argue whether to go the Firefox or the Opera way.
> > Firefox uses <Alt>Return. I wonder why not <Control>Return since
> > <Control> is also used for opening links in a new tab (<Control>
> > plus first mouse button).
> >
> Yeah, I thought clashes would arrive. On a personal level, I got much
> used to the Opera bindings, hence I find these intuitive. Moreover,
> here I would be unable to use <alt>+enter with a single hand, since
> Linux or Xfce or some config file does not treat "alt gr" (right alt)
> as a modifier key.

Hey Liviu,

in fact the decision for the modifier wasn't overly funded, ie. it was
based on half a fozen people saying what they like.

I would appreciate if you could file a bug about that and also mention
the reason why Alt is impractical for you. Would you do that?

http://www.twotoasts.de/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=11

Then we can talk about modifying the key if deemed appropriate.

You can also mention your enhancement suggestion to open a new tab in
the background via a different modifier.

Eventually it might be worth exploring if that hotkey should be
configurable, which currently is not possible.

ciao,
    Christian