Capslock

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Oct 29 18:53:40 CET 2008

(Please don't CC me; clearly I'm on the list.

John Coppens wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:28:39 -0700
> "Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
>
>> If you're not running the 4.6 beta, it's possible you're running into
>> an xorg bug -- there was a bug in xinit that caused key mappings set up
>> in xinitrc to get reset after X started.  I don't remember what version
>> it was, maybe it was the xinit version included with xorg 7.3-ish.
>
> I've been filtering through xorg bugs, and found lots of reports of
> Numlock and Capslock LEDs not working, but I couldn't find any mention of
> the actual Capslock key failing.
>
> By any chance, do you have any reference to this problem?

No, this is just from personal experience, and from something I was told
somewhere a while ago; don't remember the context.  But it went away
sometime later after an xinit upgrade.  (I'm surprised you're hitting
this now; I feel like this bug was close to 9-12 months ago.)

	-brian