Xfce-menu dissapears with kiosk (CustomizePanel=NONE)

jan terje tønnessen jt_toenn at yahoo.no
Fri Oct 24 21:45:42 CEST 2008

Hi !

I am trying to setup a locked-down xfce for user1 on a Fedora9 machine with xfce-4.4.2. I only need a custom-menu with a few entries.

I have googeled and found that I should add the file
/etc/xdg/xfce4/kiosk/kioskrc (contents below).

I read that the user-specific files (/home/user1/.config/..) are not read when I use kiosk but it will use the global files like /etc/xdg/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml

The problem is that when I try to lock down the Panel with
CustomizePanel=root or CustomizePanel=NONE
the Xfce-menu dissapears (only the other standard icons are present (xterm, editor, filemanager, web-browser, quit)

Does anybody know what the problem can be ?

Thanks / Jan T.

/etc/xdg/xfce4/kiosk/kioskrc
[xfdesktop]
UserMenu=root